Tuesday, August 4, 2009



I Love these reds. Especially the dresser on top.

As the work goes on in Race's room, my vision for it is taking a more definite shape. I now am obsessing on this shade of red for his dresser. since I will be re-painting three of the walls (always prime first to keep the integrity of the chosen paints color - easy to say now), I am asking if anyone out there knows of a really good RED paint color.

While I'm waiting to hear from you, I will be driving 45 miles to take the HOG that the travelin' Mister and little man shot this weekend to get smoked. Sounds like a job for the Mister doesn't it? He's travelin'.

Red Dresser from Laissez Faire
Red Table from Retreat by Kennedy

3 comments:

  1. I love the red dresser/vanity, its gorgeous. My office is all red wall with a little bit of lacquer, it is layers of three different paint colors topped with a glaze, it glows in the eventing. problem is when there is a chip it is so hard to fix because as of now I still can't find the paper with the colors I used??? so its hard to match..good luck, I can't wait to see the finished project.
    xoxo
    bunny

    ReplyDelete
  2. That lovely red dresser has tons of style.

    My daughter's room had red wall once (she insisted upon it), unfortunately, being a teenager, it was hard to notice the walls due to her catastrophic sense of 'neatness.'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kimberly, I'd be happy to share the red color from the door table and hall tree in our photo there.... but those are the original paint finishes from the 40's, so I don't have the slightest idea what brand or color they are!

    A tip for you, tho:
    Use a tinted flat primer first. Get KILZ, and have the paint desk tint it as close to your red color as they can. This will help keep the color opaque - red is notorious for taking many MANY coats to keep it from being transparent!

    Good luck!

    Deb Kennedy
    Retreat by KENNEDY|kennedy Design
    http://retreatdesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

You make my day when you leave me comments!! xoxo kim